P.S… Shopping with us has its perks!
Did you know that we have a rewards program here at Above & Beyond? We appreciate you shopping with us and we’d like to send you a token of our appreciation.
Here’s how it works:
– Receive a $50 gift card for every $500 you spend (before tax)
– This does not apply to sale merchandise
– The gift card expires three months after its date of issue
– We will ask you if you’re part of our Rewards Program at the check-out (please remind us if we forget).
– If you’re not already part of our rewards program, we simply collect your name, phone number, address and email address.
– Your totals are recorded in our secure system and when you accumulate $500, we send you a $50 gift card in the mail.
Apps! They make our lives so much easier. Banking, restaurant reviews, Pokémon… they’re part of our everyday life. They can even help when it comes to re-decorating! This week, we’ve rounded up four fun (and helpful) apps that can help you finish that project you’ve been working on – or perhaps motivate you to get started!
1. ColourSmart by BEHR™ Mobile – Have you ever been wandering around and see the perfect hue of your favourite colour? The perfect colour for that new bathroom reno? And then, you end up going to the paint store and search through endless swatches of paint, unable to find that perfect shade you set your eyes on. Well, Behr’s app helps you with that problem! This app is easy to use because it helps you find the closest matching BEHR colour simply by taking a photo and tapping on the image. We also love this app for its ability to help you envision a colour throughout a room. The app allows you to choose from a gallery of room images and styles and paint the image with Behr’s touch-and-tap technology.
2. Photo Measures – Will this beautiful sofa fit in the living room? Is this print too big for above the fireplace? How big is my decor that I already own? Ah the ever-present re-decorating conundrum! We’ve seen it countless times with our customers. Don’t you hate it when you’re out shopping, stumble upon the seemingly perfect piece for your home and cannot determine if it will actually fit in the room where you envision it? Well, Photo Measures makes shopping and decorating so much easier! This app allows you to take a picture, or download one onto your phone, and then add your room’s dimensions to it. Then, simply take your room’s measurements and the picture of it with you while shopping, thus making it easier to determine if the decor catching your eye will actually fit in your space.
3. iHandy Level – This one is just so practical! And free! The iHandy Level app is just like the level in your tool box – but on your phone. It’s beautifully designed and super easy to use. We love it for its convenience and practicality. iHandy Level makes hanging artwork and shelving easier and unlike a level, you always have your phone around.
4. Moodboard – This app is great for planning. If you’re looking to re-decorate a room, this is a great place to keep your inspiration and plans all in one place! You can choose from a variety of backgrounds and then import photos from the web and your own camera roll. You can layer, crop and duplicate photos and then save as a PDF and share with friends for feedback. Moodboard is great because it allows you to keep pictures of your paint colours, swatches and furniture options together with aspirational pieces for your project. This app is supported by iPad.
Go ahead and start downloading! These apps help you plan renos and decorating projects on the go and easily share them with friends. Be sure to show us your plans when you stop by Above & Beyond.
As we mentioned yesterday, we have some exciting news for you! You can now shop our Royal Doulton, Wedgwood and Waterford products online. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to shop these entire catalogues and peruse them at home – or on the go.
At Above & Beyond Home Decor, we offer 2400 square feet of unique shopping. Many of you may know that although we cannot fit everything we love in our store, we can special order what we do not have in stock. However, we wanted to be able to offer you the ability to shop online, too! Now you can shop for some of our favourite items from home – such as Gordon Ramsay’s line of Maze dishes, iconic crystal and gorgeous barware.
Here’s how it works:
Happy Sunday, everyone! Sorry we are late posting this week – we were away at the Toronto Gift Fair and just got home. Although we are exhausted, we are so excited by the new products we purchased over the past few days. We ordered for fall, winter and even spring 2017.
As far as trends go, we are seeing a lot of the same right now – a lot of white, gold and black. But, we do love it. We ordered from many of our favourite suppliers, such as Cuddle Down, Lampe Berger and Mercana. We ended up buying more than we ever have at the show! Needless to say, there will be lots to shop from this coming season.
We love this clock from Mercana:
One of the main reasons we went to the show was to source new suppliers. We were eager to scout new product and new companies for this upcoming fall/winter season. It’s really important for us to continue to source different and interesting merchandise for you guys, and to bring you the latest trends in home decor. We really lucked out this time and were able to order lots of awesome new product that will be heading to our store starting in just a couple of weeks. In fact, our first order arrived yesterday!
Do you ever wonder where all of the stuff in our store comes from? We source most of it from a trade show!
Twice a year, we head to Toronto to shop the Toronto Gift Fair. “For more than 25 years, it has attracted an international audience of buyers who [go] to network, conduct business, see new trends, celebrate innovation and engage in new business opportunities with the Canadian manufacturers, importers, exporters, wholesalers, distributors and suppliers who exhibit [there]”. For us at Above & Beyond Home Decor, it provides us an amazing opportunity to access new suppliers and order new merchandise from our favourite suppliers.
We love the Toronto fair because it allows us to source Canadian companies for our store. We think it’s important to be able to bring you products from Canadian companies – such as Mercana and Cuddle Down.
We also love to go to the show because it provides such insight into the current and upcoming design trends. Did you know that we buy for Christmas right after Christmas – at the January show? Everyone assumes that the show is tons of fun – and it certainly is exciting – but it’s a lot of work too! We have five days to shape the merchandise of our store for the next six months. It’s a lot of walking and a lot of decisions! What is the best way to incorporate this new trend into our merchandise? Is this something our customers would want? What colour stories will be incorporated into our merchandising next season? What are we missing? Will this new supplier fill a gap in our store? When should this order be shipped?
This time next week we will be in Toronto looking for beautiful new merchandise for our store. We’re excited to go and so excited to share what we find with you guys.
Before we leave, we would really love to hear from you! What are you looking for? What is our store missing? Please let us know. Comment on our Facebook post or come in and visit us before we leave at the end of this week. Talk to you soon!